Páginas

jueves, 22 de septiembre de 2011

Crafting Dreams Series

Today I want to talk a bit about the Series that I'm using to classify my plushies. It could seem a bit weird, but for me it's funnier if I can create a plot behind each work. I like to see a finished plush and view his/her personality. This helps me a lot to think about his/her friends (or enemies, hahaha) and create the next one with clearer ideas about the colors and shapes. 
Also, making different series, allows me to make plushies with radically different styles, and I love it. Of course that I can recognize a part of me in all of them, but I would like to try to make a variety of plushies.

And well, these are more or less my ideas now, but maybe in the future new series would come to Crafting Dreams!:

- Wood Forest Series: the story starts into the Wood Forest, an small village near a mysterious forest full of magic creatures. Each character reacts in a different way about the forest events. For this line I want to make anime-looking plushies with warm accessories made with natural materials.

- Circus Series: the adventures of a group of animals that works in a circus. I want to make a color contrast between some only black and white plushies and others plenty of colors and made with "remnants". I want to point out that I love the circus aesthetic, but I'm not agree with animal exploitation. So I apply circus features to animal plushies because I like how it looks, but my circus plushies are really happy, only works 8 hours per day and have paid holidays.

- Wild Series: for animals that are not usually represented as plushies. Focussed in animals that are not domestic. I want to represent them "as they are", I mean, maybe they would not be so realistic, but I will not use fantasy colors or sparse textures. I would love to make this series mostly in alpaca fabric, because in my opinion it's so similar to real animal hair.

- Gold Series: for a more vintage-looking creations. They will be mainly teddy bears with "wear out" colors and fabrics (maybe most of them would be made with sparse mohair, or with a curly one), long arms and legs, and smallers heads.

And to finish this long post this is a shot of the alpaca fabric for my next plushie, could you imagine who will be?

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario